Wythe County Board of Supervisors
Hay Removal Outline
Wythe County Board of Supervisors is accepting bid proposals for the removal of hay on three different sites. All bid proposals should be in a sealed envelope marked HAY REMOVAL and to the attention of Martha Collins, 340 South 6th Street, Wytheville, VA 24382. Proposals should be submitted by 2:00 on June 30, 2017.
County expectations for the agreement should contain at least the following:
- Any area that hay is not made will be bush hogged.
- A general liability insurance policy naming the county and a hold harmless agreement signed
- Damage to any structure or surface will be repaired within 30 days of notice.
- Proposed monetary payout to the county of a flat rate for each site per year
- Land applicants are being applied to Lot 24. Coordination with the land applicator will be required. Any additional applicant will need approval from the County.
- Wythe County reserves the right to withdrawal from some or all of the agreement with 15 days written notice.
Each area will be considered independent of the other areas and awards will be made as such. The length of contracts will be for the 2017 and 2018 calendar years.
Area 1 also known as Lot 24:
This area is comprised of approximately 165 acres. Entrance is located off of Gator Lane, Wytheville. CLICK HERE for map of area.
Area 2 also known as Kents Lane:
This area is comprised of approximately 3.9 acres. Entrance is located off of Kents Lane, Wytheville. CLICK HERE for map of area.
Area 3 also known as Speedwell Landfill:
This area is comprised of approximately 86 acres. Entrance is located off of Rudisill Rd, Speedwell. CLICK HERE for map of area.