Request for Price Quotation
Unsealed lump-sum quotations will be received until 2:00 pm, local prevailing time on Friday, October 18, 2019 for separate mechanical and electrical contracts to install a 400 kW diesel generator and 1200 amp automatic transfer switch as defined in the scope of work and on the attached plans and specifications. The County has procured and will be providing the generator and automatic transfer switch equipment to be installed by Contractor.
A Quotation Submittal Form is included in Attachment A of the RFQ documents. Quotations will be received by:
340 South 6th Street
Wytheville, VA 24382
Scope of Work
- The work generally consists of installation of a new permanent 400 kW diesel powered generator and 1200 amp automatic transfer switch at the existing Fort Chiswell Water Booster Station located at 825 Fort Chiswell Road, Max Meadows, VA 24360.
- The work shall be performed under separate mechanical and electrical contracts as described below and on the attached plan and technical specifications. The County has procured and will be providing the generator and automatic transfer switch equipment to be installed by Contractor.
- Mechanical Contractor shall be responsible for constructing the generator pad and installing conduit from the pad to existing junction box on exterior of the station building. Work shall include excavation, concrete forming and pouring, installation of conduit with pull strings, and all related work on exterior of station building not otherwise identified as part of the electrical contract.
- Electrical Contractor shall be responsible for offloading and setting owner provided generator and automatic transfer switch (ATS) equipment, installing wire from generator to ATS and remote annunciator, removing existing manual transfer switch to install new ATS, installing associated new conduit and wiring within the station building, and all related work on interior of station building not otherwise identified as part of the mechanical contract. Electrical contractor shall also coordinate generator equipment startup with owner and supplier and be present during startup to complete field wiring terminations and provide assistance.
- Refer to Attachments B and C for Plans and Technical Specifications identifying full scope of work to be performed. The Scope of Supply of generator equipment being provided by the County is identified in Attachment D.
- Price Quotation: Interested contractors shall submit unsealed lump-sum price quotations for either the mechanical or electrical contacts. Price quotations shall be submitted to the attention of:
340 South 6th Street
Wytheville, VA 24382
- or -
Price quotations received after the deadline will not be considered. All mailed quotations shall be in an opaque envelope marked “Price Quotation – Fort Chiswell Booster Station Generator”
- Contract: The County will enter into a contract with the Successful Contractors within forty-five (45) days from the date of bids being due. The contracts award will be based on what is in the best interest of the County, including but not limited to the contract price and availability to complete the work. The County reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
- Time for Completion of Work: Mechanical Contract work is to be completed within sixty (60) calendar days of notice to proceed, or at time agreed to between County and Contractor. Electrical Contractor work is to be completed within one hundred and five (105) calendar days of notice to proceed, or at time agreed to between County and Contractor. Electrical Contract time will be extended, as agreed between County and Contractor, if equipment delivery or mechanical contract work is delayed.
- Licensure: The contractor must have a valid State of Virginia business license. Contractor shall provide Virginia contractor’s license number and class with bid.
- Payment: Upon completion of the work and acceptance by the County, payments will be made at the contract lump-sum price, with partial payments made according to percentage of work completed.