When is a permit required?

  • Any activity disturbing 10,000 square foot or more of of soil. There are exemptions see the county erosion ordinance here.
  • Any land disturbing activity up to and over an acre contact Department of Environmental Quality.

Soil Erosion & Sediment Application: $100.00 plus $100.00 (Bond Required) per week

For duration of project until permanent stabilization is applied. Applicant must specify project time, and applicant must amend the application and pay additional fee for extended period of project.